BRETT L. RHODEN, M.A., LMFT
10125 Scott Mill Rd. ♦ Jacksonville, FL 32257 ♦ [email protected] ; ♦ 904.699.8796
Child and Family Therapy
- Track record of success in supervising child/family therapists. Provided individual and group training furthering professional development of clinical and direct care staff.
- Developed the written plan for professional services. Obtained and maintained JCOAH certification, and expanded reimbursement sources to include private insurance.
- Business leadership in driving profitability. Led specialty hospital from minimal annual gains to $16M net annual profitability.
- Recognized pioneer in play therapy. Expanded and implemented clinical protocols incorporating the therapeutic use of play critical to the development of program serving the needs of the latency age child which culminated in statewide contract.
- Recognized expert in child psychology and attachment theory. Qualified as expert witness in areas of attachment/bonding, child custody, and adoption by the Circuit Courts of Duval and surrounding counties.
First Coast Assessments, P.A. * Jacksonville, Florida * 1993 to Present
Established private practice as Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, providing marital, family, and individual therapy for children, adolescents, and adults. Approved Clinical Supervisor for candidates seeking licensure as marriage & family therapists by the State of Florida. Qualified Expert Witness with regard to Attachment and Bonding for Circuit Courts of Duval and surrounding counties. Conduct Adoption Home Studies, and Child Custody Evaluations.
Daniel Memorial, Inc. * Jacksonville, Florida * 1984 to 1993
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals (JCAH) Child and Adolescent Specialty Hospital
Director of Treatment and Programs
Demonstrated performance in program development, and clinical supervision of the 63-bed ‘specialty hospital’ led to position of Director of Treatment and Programs with the sole responsibility for the implementation of all programs, providing administrative and clinical leadership in a manner consistent with the agencies mission statement, and the principles set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Reported directly to the CEO, and the Board of Directors.
- Developed the Written Plan for Professional Services. On-going monitoring of adherence to policy and procedures ensured compliance with current and prospective regulatory entities. Primary representative for Agency during the initial JCAH Survey and subsequent re-certifications as Child and Adolescent Specialty Hospital, achieving a perfect score of 100. The JCAH certification enabled agency to be reimbursed by private insurance companies
- Chair of the Professional Staff Organization (PSO), the purpose of which was to monitor and assess the effectiveness of the agencies compliance with outcome measures reported quarterly to the Board of Directors. Oversaw the various subcommittees of the PSO including, but not limited to Utilization Review, Quality Assurance, Personnel, and Safety.
- Working closely with the Directors group, insured the efficient and cost effective implementation of programs while maximizing reimbursement potential. During the four year tenure as Director of Treatment Programs, the agency’s net profits increased from 5 million to over 16 million annually.
Hope Haven Children’s Hospital * Jacksonville, Florida * 1977 to 1984
Hope Haven Children’s Hospital, a 24 bed medical facility, obtained prominence in the fight against polio during the early 50’s.
Director of Social Services
- Provided in-patient services and discharge planning through linkage and coordination of community resources for children and their families for 24-bed Med-Surgical children’s
- Conducted educational and psychological evaluations as member of the Youth Study Unit (YSU), a multidisciplinary diagnostic team.
- Provided individual and group treatment for out-patient population of children and adolescents.
Department of Children & Families * Jacksonville, Florida * 1974 to 1977
Division of Child Protective Services.
Single Intake Worker
- First responder, conducting the initial in-home investigation of allegations of child abuse/neglect received from the Florida Child Abuse Hotline.
Education and Credentials
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist ♦ Provide individual, couples, and family therapy in private practice serving children, adolescents, and adults.
Licensed Clinical Supervisor ♦ Supervision of postgraduate candidates for licensure as Marriage and Family Therapists in the State of Florida.
M.A. in Counseling Psychology
University of North Florida ♦ Jacksonville, FL
B.A. in Psychology
University of Florida ♦ Gainesville, FL
♦The Use of Limit Setting in Therapeutic Play: Journal of Child Psychology (1980)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- American Psychotherapy Association
- Florida Association for Infant Mental Health